Go to the Library / LRC home page and use the Speedy Search field to begin searching online databases, or select a specific resource from the A-Z Databases page. The platform may request that you login, though this step is often bypassed if you are on-campus due to location recognition. If you are required to login, use your MC credential to access these resources as described in the following instructions.
- When accessing library resources, your username is always your MC email address.
- Your password is the same one you use to login to Office 365, your work computer (if an employee), and LinkedIn Learning.
MC Email Address
- Use your MC email address as your username when accessing library databases.
- Your MC email address is the first letter of your first name + first three letters of your last name + last three numbers of your MC Student ID followed by @mail.midland.edu.
- Visit www.midland.edu/email if you have any questions about your MC email account.
- Your password will be a combination of your name and MC Student ID.
- All students are issued a default password though you may change it if you wish. The pattern of the default varies depending on the length of your student ID.
- If you have a 9-digit Student ID, your password combinations is as follows: 1st letter of your first name + 1st three letters of your last name + your complete Midland College student ID.
Student: Jane Smith
MC ID: 123004567
Password = jsmi123004567
- If you have a 5-digit Student ID, your password combination is as follows: 1st letter of your first name + 1st three letters of your last name + 0000 + your complete Midland College student ID.
Student: John Smith
MC ID: 12345
Password = jsmi000012345
- Use your full MC email address as your username when accessing library databases.
- Your password is the same one you use to login to your work computer, access Office 365 resources, and utilize LinkedIn Learning.
- Call the MC Helpdesk at (432) 685-4788, or email the MC Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NOTE: If you need to leave a voice message or choose to send an email, include your name, MC Student or Employee ID, and email address.